Surgery Superspeciality NEET ss 23 is around the corner. As the exam date is nearing, so is the anxiety. On my WhatsApp discussion groups, everybody is asking about last minute tips. You have been preparing well over the past 1 year and there is no need to stress out. Read on and do well....
- There will be questions from general Surgery. Important general surgery topics are
SIRS and Shock indices
Benign Breast Diseases
Types of Shock
Classes of wounds and wound healing
Topics in Pediatric Surgery like all atresias, Pyloric stenosis
Endocrine , Thyroid , Pheochromocytoma
Basic urology - congenital
2. Do Image based questions especially ....
Liver Lesions ( Abscess, hemangioma, HCC)
Pancreas and Anal canal
Cystic Hygroma and images from Head and Neck
Types of abdominal retractors
www.mcqsurgery.com/mocktests There are two image based mock tests with explanations ( 30 marks each)
2 Image based tests are free
3. Do as many MCQs as possible.
See old tests and papers. At least 25-30% questions are repeated. www.mcqsurgery.com/sitemap has some important recall papers
4. Avoid answering doubtful questions.
Even if you narrow down to two choices, leave the questions. Get minimum negative marking. Most of the times we take a chance with two choices. Most of the our attempts are wrong so avoid that
5. Do not stress out.
It is only one exam. Next one is just six months away. Let this exam be a launching pad for you
6. Do not get confused in long clinical questions.
Look at the important clinical findings provided. Just make a diagnosis, they will ask for next management option or treatment.
7. From Main books, try to revise tables and figures especially the ones that have 4-5 options ( these form good mcqs)
8. Be aware of noble laureates in medicine. A simple google search will help.
9. Discuss and repeat -
Only peer discussions will help you retain whatever you read. Save at least one hour to discuss with your colleagues
10. Revise your notes.
Last 15 days is a good time to see what all you have covered in 1 year
Use the comments box to let me know if you can think of anything else to be included