Roux en Y Gastric bypass explained from MCQ point of view
Reference books Sabiston, Bailey, Review Articles
1. Most favoured bariatric procedure in USA
2. Reductions in body fat improves chronic inflammation, insulin sensitivity, and several metabolic and physiologic pathways.
3. Compared to restrictive procedures, RYGB patients had higher overall weight loss, ranging from 22 % to 38%
4. Weight loss achieved after restrictive procedures, levels off after 2 years with a 25–30% decrease in BMI and 50–60% reductions of
initial body weight.
5. RYGB reduces circulating insulin and other inflammatory markers, leptin, CRP, and IL-6.
6. Mechanism of Action of Roux en Y Gastric Bypass- Bypassing the duodenum and proximal jejunum result in increased secretion of glucagon-like peptide 1 (GLP-1) and peptide YY, both of which increase satiety .
7. RYGB results in a comparative ghrelin deficiency
WHat is the procedure?
RYGB includes a small gastric pouch 15–30 mL on the lesser gastric curvature which is completely divided from the gastric remnant and then anastomosed to the jejunum leaving an alimentary or Roux limb of typically 100–150 cm
8. Advantages and Diseases Cured-
Please be a premium member to see further content, Contact me at email@example.com